It is now August… so 7 months into the year instead of 6. Since I was already late with this one, I figured I would throw it in as a “bonus” this week. Any time is still a good time for a goals update! I wrote down 6 riding goals in January, and 4 “other” goals. Read the original post here. Let’s see how I am doing!
Red = Not Happening, Blue = In Progress, Green = Achieved
- Do One Clinic – Hah…. this got wiped off my calendar when I changed trainers. I really want to be comfortable and really “in a program” before I even think about introducing other trainers.
- Do Two Horse Trails – Well, we got one done in May, and I have two more that I have put on the calendar for the end of the season. Giving this one a Blue!
- Get In Shape – Actually, I have been making strides here. Getting up at 5AM a few times a week has really allowed me to get some treadmill time in. Is it where I want to be? Nope, but it is progress.
- Ride 4 – 5 Times a Week – I would say that I have had more 4 day a week rides than 3 day a week. 5 rarely ever happens since my real-life schedule has been crazy with house stuff, social stuff, and work stuff. (not to mention things like Jury Duty)
- Plan Out My Rides – This one is a Big. Fat. Fail. It is definitely something I need to get back to doing better, including getting on a real schedule with my trainer. Time and money have both been limiting factors for lessons, but there is no reason I can’t get back to planning stuff. August calendar, Here I Come!
- Get Comfortable over 3′ Fences – This one is getting a big fat fail mark too. Three jumping lessons since the beginning of the year hasn’t been enough to get me up to BN height comfortably. However, there is a lot more of the year to do, and I have definitely been getting more lessons recently, which have pushed my comfort level up a couple of holes.
Non Riding Goals:
- Blog Two Times A Week – This one is my first green. Other than planned vacations, I have been REALLY good about blogging constantly. How good you ask? See this comparison of last year to this year. (Dark blue dots are posts)
- Clean Up My Email Inbox – Constant Struggle. Still Trying.
- Start Meditating Again – Big fail here, and it likely won’t happen. Working out at 5AM has really replaced this. I also no longer work in a place where I have an office, so closing the door for 5 minutes each day is literally not an option.
- Do One Thing Every Month That’s Outside My Comfort Zone – I had literally forgotten about this one. Some of these aren’t overly impressive, but I feel like they are steps in the right direction for me. Let’s see how I did:
- January – Went to St. Lucia and did a tour of the island on a speed boat. Super Fun.
- February – Dove into a new job taking on responsibilities beyond my wildest nightmares.
- March -Took some serious steps into managing May’s health and well being. I tuned out the opinions of others and listened to my gut… which ended up with the vet agreeing May needed injections and a new dentist finding a very old problem.
- April – Opened up a lot more on the blog about my mistakes and regrets.
- May – Attended a horse trial at a new venue with minimal outside help.
- June – Moved barns.
- July – Launched the May as Well Event Facebook page. It is something I had wanted to do for a long time, but I hesitated because I was afraid how others would take it. So far – all positive from anyone who matters.
So what is on the list for the rest of the year?
- Do Two Horse Trials – I have 2 more on the calendar, but if we only get to do one more, I will be happy.
- Get in Shape – Forever and Always
- Ride 4 – 5 Times a Week – This should still be the goal, even if I am not always successful. Failing is ok. Not Trying isn’t.
- Plan Out My Rides – My rides are a lot more productive if I have some idea of what I want to do before I get on.
- Get Comfortable at 3′ – I am not giving up on this one. May is capable. I just need more consistency and fitness.
- Blog 2x A Week – I am enjoying the schedule. I hope you are too!
- Clean Up my Email Inbox – Forever and Always
- Do One Thing a Month That’s Outside my Comfort Zone – Growth is uncomfortable. Get used to it.
- Move May As Well Event to it’s own domain